Friday, May 23, 2008

robo-aardvark-man

noun. Half-man, half-metal, half-aardvark, three-quarters goofy.

Real citation: “This talk of hooks makes me scratch my head a bit - an adventure or a campaign arc requires a hook, not a setting. It's like saying that a stage and props should have a ‘hook’. If you mean gimmickry like ‘look how I've replaced magic with psionics’ or ‘look at my robo-aardvark-man PC race’, then I doubt we're on the same page, but that's the majority view of what a campaign setting should be about, seemingly.”
(July 16, 2006, ENWorld, http://www.enworld.org/archive/index.php/t-168641.html)

Made-up citation: “When I grow up, I will be a proud robo-aardvark-man. Until then, I’ll be a humble stem-cell cluster, with a Petri dish on the first shelf and a dream.“

No comments: