Sunday, November 16, 2008

buttmunchosaur

noun. The proud ancestor of the common buttmunch, who is found in so many families and gazebos.

Real citation: "Part of it's a little hard to read, but I think you can get the idea. When I saw this, I couldn't help wondering how in the hell a door can be out of order. Seriously, does that mean it won't open? If so, the sign's pretty useless, don't you think? I mean that would be pretty obvious when it didn't open (although I suppose such a sign would keep people from calling the management, as the sign would indicate they already knew about it). Or does it mean it won't close? No, that's clearly not the case, as the door is currently closed in the picture. I suppose it could mean that, if you do open the door, it might fall on you and possibly kill you. Or it might be broken such that it will only open into another dimension where you are likely to fall prey to the Dreaded Ass Bite of the Evil Buttmunchosaur, at which point out of order doors will clearly become the least of your concerns."
(July 21, 2008, The Chronicles of Abs, http://abschronicles.blogspot.com/2008_07_01_archive.html)

Made-up citation: "I studied the buttmunchosaur in school, but not too closely... I prefer to focus my scholarly pursuits on paleo-doofi and their fascinating culture that has so much to teach us today."

No comments: