Tuesday, December 09, 2008

get one's who-gives-a-shit on

verb phrase. An arduous undertaking in the age of meh.

Real citation: "My daily excursion to the V-blogs to 'get my news on' as I call it has turned into 'getting my-who-gives-a-shit on.' I think after so many years of daily exasperation at the psychotic political landscape I have finally snuggled into the New World Order."
(June 20, 2007, Deep Fried, http://www.whatisdeepfried.com/blogs10.html)

Made-up citation: "I'd like to help you with your problem, sir; I truly would. In fact, I'm going to try to get my who-gives-a-shit on right now... OK, here goes: trying, trying, trying, ughhhhhhhhh! Well, this is embarrassing. I couldn't quite summon the energy, even from the innermost depths of my being, depths that have seldom been plumbed, even by professional plumbers. Guess you're out of luck. So's your face."

No comments: