Thursday, December 11, 2008

Nobel Science Lunatic Prize

noun phrase. Out of decency, this award is no longer known as the Nobel Mad Scientist AT&T Honda Kellogg's Crack On Your Cornflakes Fiesta Bowl Prize.

Real citation: "I am the creator of the 'Hapsadasical Ipsocrackable Rocka-Doca-Doodle' study of rocks. I will be receiving my Nobel Science Lunatic Prize soon for this miraculous discovery. Please enjoy my incredible findings. They will literally 'rock' your world!"
(Aug. 7, 2008, Sheri Williams, Dave's Garden, http://davesgarden.com/guides/articles/view/1413/)

Made-up citation: "I'm a top contender for the Nobel Science Lunatic Prize this year. I created a phone that doubles as a muffin, so you can eat breakfast and talk on the phone at the same time, and all with the same orifice! That's also the same orifice I use to lick the grant money."

No comments: