Monday, December 15, 2008

post-traumatic olfactory disorder

noun phrase. The stinkiest of a family of syndromes. This condition is so reverse-delightful that many a sufferer has renounced their own nose with a steak knife.

Real citation: "I have smelled a lot of gross things in my life. But I have NEVER I repeat NEVER smelled anything as horrible or wretched in my entire existence on this planet!
This incident happened 4 years ago people! I can still remember the horribleness.
Clearly I am suffering from Post Traumatic Olfactory Disorder. I need help."
(Nov. 12, 2008, Mrs007, http://www.mrs007.com/mommyville/lip-gloss-in-the-dogs-butt/)

Made-up citation: "Since I have no sense of smell, post-traumatic olfactory disorder is not a condition I suffer often. I wish I could say the same thing about subdural hematomas!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love reading your work! Fun! Thanks for finding my simple blog. I published a post linking to Wordlustitude!! http://logolatry.wordpress.com/2008/12/09/wordlustitude/

:)